Confluency is a different kind of company. Half our work is delivering advanced hydraulic modeling and optimization projects, working on some of the most exciting projects across the US. The other half is developing a transformative software product that integrates simulation and machine learning to help better manage water and wastewater systems. We combine a deep technical skillset with a passion for protecting our water resources and helping increase the resilience of water systems to a changing climate.
Start-ups are not for the faint of heart. You need to be self-motivated, very technically proficient, a team-player, and relentlessly focused on doing whatever it takes to solve customer challenges. You should be a go-to person at your current job, and looking for opportunities to deepen your skillset and make a bigger impact. Don’t see a position that is quite the right fit, but have modeling, data science, or programming skills? We encourage you to reach out, tell us a little about yourself, why you are interested in Confluency.
Water Resource Engineer
Who You Are
Confluency seeks a full-time junior water-resources engineer with 3-5 years of experience to help deliver advanced and innovative hydraulic modeling, master planning, and optimization services. The ideal candidate combines technical expertise with collection system hydraulic modeling fundamentals and modeling software (e.g., EPA-SWMM, InfoWorks ICM, Mike+) together with operational and master planning experience to help customers understand the benefits and costs of different alternatives. You are a strong communicator, and equally capable of interfacing with technical and non-technical team members. You combine practical, real-world know-how with outside-the-box thinking, leveraging proven tools and technologies in innovative ways to deliver superior technical solutions. Data management and analytics, machine learning, or programming skills are a big plus.
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience in water resources engineering
- Strong proficiency with at least one collection system hydraulic modeling platform (EPA-SWMM, InfoWorks ICM)
- Proficiency with Geographic Information Systems
- Ability to support modeling and master planning exercises
- Experience with model calibration, alternatives evaluation, and model maintenance activities
- Strong data analysis and visualization skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Enjoy and thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented project delivery setting
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a time constrained manner
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Experience with Optimatics Optimizer software or knowledge of optimization principles
- Experience using HEC-RAS hydraulic modeling software
- Water distribution system modeling experience
- Wastewater treatment plant modeling experience
- Understanding of asset management software and methodologies
- Software programming experience (Python preferred)
- Strong data management skills
Chicago is preferred, but other US locations, including full-time remote, will be considered.
Posted: 9 Nov 2022